Provectus: A Key Partner For New Soils Guidance
We have been working with CIRIA and their project partners over recent years to bring together all relevant guidance and best practice for the sustainable management of soil and aggregates
New Soils Guidance Imminent
Provectus are able to announce that we have been a key partner in a CIRIA project that is nearing completion. Jon Owens has been on the project steering group to review the technical content of the document as well as providing case studies to support best practice. The document is due to be published in the Autumn of 2022 and will:
- look at each site activity in question e.g. crushing concrete, importing recycled aggregate, using recycled topsoil, bulk excavation, reuse of excavated soil on site, etc. this will enable the reader to quickly get to the information they need for the process they are undertaking.
- contain useful information on different aspects of waste management (e.g. classification of waste, how to deal with difficult waste such as asbestos, etc.)
- summaries of the relevant waste soil related legislation and explain how they should be applied.
- highlight areas of common mistakes/confusion.
- best practice case studies.
- links to useful information, recent relevant guidance and projects e.g. work CIRIA has done in asbestos in soil.
CIRIA is the Construction Industry Research and Information Association, a neutral, independent and not-for-profit body.
Their vision is to be a leading enabler and preferred partner for performance improvement, driving collaboration across built environment and construction sectors for the identification, development and transfer of knowledge.
Further information on the project can be found by clicking on the link below or their website (www.ciria.org)